<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 26, 2010

A visit from the self-esteem fairy

Today something extraordinarily happened, one of my supervisors said the three magical words that every honours student dream of hearing. They spend nights, nay, weeks preparing, reading through mountains of papers in the vain hopes that their sup might utter the words:

“Jonathan is right” (well technically it should be "_____ is right" but still...).

Actually it was mentioned 3 times, albeit the sup meant it in context and it was followed by "in saying that..." but still I get my victories where ever I can get them.

It’s not so much an ego boost but that in so much as my sup is a powerhouse, it does help me feel that I made a point (or three) that contributed to the discussion in a meaningful way. Not that I assume that they know everything and they aren’t human (though they at times can seem to border along the lines of the divine). Not that I’m a complete ditz but that I can maybe MAYBE in the future try and attempt to do the kind of high level research that they do.

Of course that isn’t the only thing the self-esteem fairy brought me today. She also left in my inbox a softcopy of the Temasek Polytechnic media release. I’ve collected about 5 of these and every one of them have been dropped into my inbox at just the right time. Why would I want to collect all of these? I don’t want to toot my own horn directly so just go google it.

Also, just so everyone knows I took the NPI (Narcissistic Personality Inventory)which is a tool used by psychology to measure the level of narcissism in someone. How do I break this to you? Hmm... Most people score about 12 to 15, Celebrities score about 18. Narcissists score over 20. I scored 30.

That is all.
Jon.P™

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?