<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

This was supposed to be up last thursday.

I’m finally done with my psych assessments I’ve now got about 2 weeks to come up with 3 chemistry reports for a measly 35% while worrying about the 65% exam. I don’t expect to do well this sem.

As I’ve previously mentioned, I believe that the chem course I took this sem is a ridiculous waste of my time and drain of my resources. 3 hours of lectures and 9 hrs of lab! I might as well be taking another 3 psych courses. Worse still the 9 hrs of lab a week is only worth 35% which includes having to write a report for each of them. I’m beginning to think that I don’t really want to do chem for the rest of my life. A lost to scientific community no doubt.

I’m looking at 6 hrs in the lab today, three of which I’m intending to bail out on to go home for some sleep. I was up all night 2 nights ago and yesterday didn’t get me much rest. Even though I handed up the assignment, I still had care group, and a number of caregrouply duties to perform. Went to bed at 12 midnight and waking up at 7 for my 8am tutorial. Didn’t get much decent sleep either had some dream about going to yuen’s (an Asian supermarket) and complaining that the price of prawns was too high.

Made pizzas and lentil soup last Saturday and invited a small group of friends over for dinner and games. Simply love the idea of making pizza from scratch. Pity that I don’t have a mixer with a bread hook over here, so many things I could do if I had one.

Been missing the taste of prawns recently, over here I hardly get to have them given the price. Maybe I should get a box of battered prawns today and some decent fish and chips. Given that I’ve been abit too busy to spend my allowance over the last 3 weeks.

This is all going to lead up to the main thrust of this post my prawn pizza recipe. On Saturday I made a thin crust prawn pizza which I thoroughly enjoyed. Here’s the recipe for an 8 to 10 inch pizza.

You will need:
1 pack of dry yeast (25g)
About 1 cup tepid of water
2 cups of self raising flour and some for dusting
Some polenta also for dusting
10 to 15 large shrimp cut in half
150g of Pizza cheese (basically a mix of cheddar and mozzarella will do)
A quarter of a large white or yellow onion cut in rings
Quarter cup of sweet corn kernels
Mayonnaise
Canned diced tomatoes (49cents from coles!)
Minced garlic
Oregano, basil, olive oil, salt and sugar

1. Add the yeast to the lukewarm water and add about half a tablespoon of sugar make the yeast happy. Leave for about 15 to 20 minutes to activate.
2. Leave the flour in a mixing bowl with a well in the center while waiting.
3. When yeast is activated add the water bit by bit.Mixing with one hand. Chances are you won’t need all of the yeast water.
4. Attention to the consistency of the dough should not be sticky but smooth. Add water or flour to obtain perfect desired texture. There should be enough dough for 2 pizza bases.
5. When you have your perfect desired texture, add half a tablespoon of olive oil and half a teaspoon of salt. Mix then leave to proof for about 20minutes or if you’re in a hurry 10 minutes.
6. Mix about a cup of canned diced tomatoes (270ml) with 1 tablespoon of minced garlic (cause I like it garlicish) and half a tablespoon of the herbs.
7. Roll out into a relative circular shape then place on flat round dish and stretch until it fits just right. If you REALLY want to the flip around in the around thing bear in mind this IS an 8inch pizza so resist the urge.
8. Preheat oven to 230°C (well it could be higher but my oven only goes to 230)
9. Sprinkle a little polenta on the plate, place the base on top
10. Spread a thick layer of tomato sauce
11. Squirt a little mayo on top of the tomato sauce layer
12. Add a little cheese
13. Add onions then prawns followed by sweet corn.
14. Squirt some more mayo (a lot more than the last time)
15. Followed by the rest of the cheese.
16. Place it inside oven for about 20 to 30 minutes.
17. It’s done when the edges are browned.
18. Enjoy and remember to thank the person that gave you the recipe.
19. Unless it was a total disaster in which case remember you aren’t me and therefore do not have my advanced bloodline for food.

Jonathan’s gem for today:
“Don’t use contractions”

That is all.
Jon.P™

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?