<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Hello my little chick-a-dees!

I’ve finally gotten my hands on an internet connection. Most regrettably it’s only 150mb worth of downloads a months but beggars can’t be choosers I guess.

My arrival and transfer over to my accommodation has been relatively smooth and I’ve moved into what the local residents at my college call “The Lair” which is this quaint unit on the ground floor that’s accessed via a sliding door. It’s got carpeted floors, built in cupboards and a bathroom that I only have to share with one other person.

Everyone here is friendly which is nice though I haven’t met any friends yet. Everyone seems to be rushing to get things done and since the main bulk of people haven’t arrived yet, it’s just going to have to be the waiting game I guess, do pray that I will make some friends soon.

I’ve been exploring the campus a bit and it’s got really nice lots of brilliant architecture and “lakes” (lakes would be pushing the definition abit for one, their man made for two their only about 800 meters in diameter) to jog around.

Food here while it is typically expensive, is not unaffordable. In fact there are some products here that are cheaper over here. One such product would be instant soup. Seeing as how the kitchen at my college still has yet to open, I have been forced to fend for myself. Typically you would expect someone of my culinary caliber to be whipping up grand fantastic 5 course meals involving some of the more exotic inhabitants of this continent (think like Koala salad), but I’ve just been too lazy to do that. If anything I’ve been surviving on soup and sandwiches with the occasional forage to the nearby bakeries and shops for pies (AUD$2.50 yum) or fish and chips (AUD$9.90 yum yum yum……bleh!) for my sustenance, both of which come in very large portions.

Alright it’s been two days since I’ve surf on the “inter-web” as you can imagine I have a lot of downloading to do.

That is all
Jon.P™

Today’s Jonathan’s Gem: "Moderate strength is shown in violence, supreme strength is shown in levity." – G.K Chesterton The Man Who was Thursday, 1908

P.S. G.K Chesterton is my new favourite author, I strong recommend you have a go at his works. Brilliant! Simply Brilliant! And funny too…

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?