<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Right then so I worked for my dad on Tuesday. Apparently he’s finally noticed that I’m on holiday and has (like any half decent business man) capitalized on the free labour.

Okay, so technically I haven’t actually done any “work” per say just moved some lighting stuff into the car. I did however get to see my father actually working, I should have taped it; Ripley’s would have paid through the nose for footage like that. No really, whilst my father is terrible business man, he is a well respected photographer.

Even more disturbing is the way he works, I find that the way he operates is suspiciously similar mine, fastidious and very picky (just ask the people who used to work with me) but effective, I’m trying to date when he started to copy the way I handle work.

I suppose my new found affection for my father could stem from the fact that my mother began her tirade against me in that same morning the minute I got out of bed. A barrage of relentless attacks and accusations that lasted a good twenty minutes and ending with the statement: “I’d rather not send you to university if you’re going to get more proud.” Of course I was smarter than to start shouting back at her that early in the morning. I hate statements like that, given the horrible up bringing that I’ve had. I have enough problems with trust and security without such threats being made.

My mother in spite of all the mental diseases I suspect she has, was not unprovoked in this instance. The night before she seemed upset when I lambasted her for looking at my financial statement without permission and commenting that I was wasting money (about 900 dollars for the month of December), which no doubt she believes that as my parent she has every right to govern every aspect of her son’s life. Now that my sister is grown up to the perfect person she is it’s time to turn to her son and be thoroughly dissatisfied with everything relating to me, from what I touch, do and breathe.

I now see the logic of moving out of your parent’s home, far away, preferably with a continent or two in between. Naturally I can’t expect to be on the receiving end for one of those government “live near your parents” subsidies, which in my opinion is a cunning way to make sure that you take care of your parents after the government has worked an taxed them up to an inch of their niches.

Don’t get me wrong, I love my parents. I appreciate that they bothered to put food on the table, given me my sister’s hand me downs (textbooks and a few times I caught my mother trying to sneak my sister’s old T-shirts into my wardrobe) and paying for my school fees, but that doesn’t mean I have to like them. I’ll take care of them when their old just don’t expect me to live out whatever misguided opinions they have as to what a son should be and do. For that matter I take better care of them than my sister ever has. The same sister who is now leaving the family soon and has little intention of coming back, that is not without a court order and several burly armed guards my parents are bound to hire. Not that I don’t understand why she wouldn’t want to be back.

I suppose I have a lot of anger issues to deal with but I guess the Lord will have to deal with them in time.

Okay I’m done ranting.

That is all.

Jon.P™

P.S 900 is not a lot to spend when 100+ went to Uni application stuff, 75+ to repairing a watch, 100+ went to the family, 45 in a loan to a friend (that paid me back). That’s less than 600 in a month when I bought Christmas presents, games, effectively spent the Christmas and new years out of the house, sent presents back to Taiwan, topped up the car’s fuel. I would hardly consider that overspending.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?