<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 25, 2006

I suppose it was about time this super over due post was well…. due. I did promise to talk about my ORD and after having spent the last 1 month in deep thought and reflection I feel ready to speak on the subject.


Firstly the deep thought portion I find it’s always best to have a bit of a lie down and correlate my National Service along with all the profound questions that plague our generation; Was it a waste of time? Which University should I go to? Will the political scene in the Middle East ever stabilize? What about the starving penguins in Africa? With crude oil prices having fallen 20% over the last 3 months, and with gold and sugar in bear markets, is it really a good time to invest in commodities? Do these boxers make my thighs look fat? Peanut butter, smooth or crunchy? What time is it? Why is everyone staring at me? That’s the way you’re suppose to test these beds....

Deep stuff.

Of course a fair number claim that it’s a waste of time, a farce, a waste of their youth and tax payers money. I suppose it is given, that there is an understandable and even justifiable for such animosity towards such an organization. After all it is conscript, and in the view of a majority of adolescent males, a violation of their freedom of choice (Of course a majority of THIS majority’s definition of freedom is sleeping till 11 and living off their parents all the while maintaining that they CAN be something in life). Horror stories of how every sacred cow the adolescent holds dear; girlfriend phone rights, stay awake past 12 rights, own room rights, toilet *ahem* alone time rights, all slaughtered by an institutional snow ball set into motion by people that didn’t even have to go through it.

Despite all these things and more (oh trust me there’s more but you see I value my post army freedom enough to not mention them on the web where potentially bagillions of people can read about it) stacked against this organization and experience, one unequivocal fact remains. Come good or bad, hell and high water, it will impact your life. How it does so is almost definitively based on the individual. Whether the individual wants to go through this experience taking what it throws at him or use it to his advantage and benefit from it. I certainly hope I have done the later.

I will now attempt to recount my entire experience…





























In the next post of course (it’s 2 30am for goodness sake)
Jonathan’s Gem for today: ” Check your blind spots, a motorcyclist maybe a PhD holder but once he puts on that helmet his IQ drops to that of a monkey about to become a delicacy.”

P.S The smarter ones amongst you might have read that large vacant space as something else but rest assured that was only my partial intention. For the rest of you…sigh… never mind you missed it.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?