<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Okay, there's been an earthquake and everyone (well okay 2 people... but that still counts!), has been asking me about it. So this is what it's about.

I wasn't in camp, which was a pity really, because at least in camp there's a basic level of hygiene (stay with me here). I was in Heng Chun enjoying a good 10 hours of Warcraft 3. Rather I endured a good 10 hours of Warcraft 3. Not that the gaming wasn't fun, but true to any Lan gaming enthusiast I've switched from the usually shop (call it ding ding) that I go, to a filthy place(let's call this one pi pi) because it's got better computers.

Now ding ding is run by women as such one as expect squeaky clean wooden floors, comfortable chairs, a sitting area with puffy cushions, magazines, a non-smoking section and regularly cleaned toilets .

Pi Pi (pronounced "Pee Pee" not "Pie Pie") is an establishment run by guys, which basically translates to tiled floors littered with bits of paper, shells, cigarette butts, people who seem to only be able to breathe through a lit cigarette, spit, roaches running across your open toed sandals, toilets with stains that don't look like it came out from the right end of a human being... you get the idea.

Yes it might be filthy and not fit of human visitation let along habitation, but gosh darn tooty fruity honk honk, the computers were fast.

So I'm sitting there in the late afternoon torn between pleasure and phew, when my chair starts shaking (not unlike the vibrations when your sitting on a bench and someone starts shaking their leg only, much stronger). At first I figured it was my bunk mate sitting beside me so I shifted my chair. The shaking continues. That's when that awful thought struck me :" Oh my gosh! I've had too much coffee!" (you'd have be a foxtrot fan to get that).

I look at my bunk mate (W.B for those of you who remember, if not read the old posts) and we both shuffle down to the street where the whole street is well... out in street. Convinced that the natural disaster wasn't big enough to postpone dinner. We headed for just that.

That's it, no fantastical tales of heroics, no grand stories of how I wear spandex underneath my clothes. Nothing news worthy except that I had very good bee hoon that night with tempura shrimp and an egg.

Though side note, I want to thank the people who responded to my earlier more depressing posts, I'd say it was that time of the month except I don't think I qualify. To those people: Thanks, I really appreciate your hmm... attention ... care and concern .

Also, if you remember I promised a Taipei post, but you know what? I just wouldn't do the trip any justice so I'm going to send over some videos on it. I'm finally sending back a care package with all the (very VERY delayed) Christmas presents and other stuff.

Jonathan's Gem for today (Yes it's deviation from the norm but... ... too bad!)

Poetry for Eeling on her birthday

A Limerick combo by Jon.P™

There once was a girl named Eeling
Whose looks to some were appealing
She went to Bombay
And to her dismay
Her sun burnt skin started peeling

There once was a girl named Eeling
Whose sun burnt skin started peeling
She decided to pray
and the very next day
By gosh! The skin started healing!

There once was a girl named Eeling
I dare say that she started squealing
when she finished this post
she said I was toast
and made me wear something revealing

That is all
Jon.P™

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?