<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Hmm,
I've got better material than this but just something that I've come to learn recently.

I was bored on a Sunday. So turning to my huge movie archive, I was sort of determined to clear at least 4 movies. Watched a few teen flicks. Then I started to watch " The skeleton Key" which is an excellent movie. Loads of plot twists, the intrigue of folk magic and a touch of horror.

The problem lay in the touch of horror. See, I can watch horror shows and typically they don't get to me very much but it's just something about sewn up corpses and humanoid figures that get me going. Particularly the hoo doo bit, sewn up bodies just erks me no end.

I can take your ghouls, ghosts slamming doors, breaking glasses, axe wielding serial killers , bloody bits of body barang barang but just don't stitch it back together. Even though it was just was one or two imagines in the whole movie it was kinda burned into my memory.

Come to think of it even as I child I hated sewn up figures. I remember watching the wizard of OZ 1&2 and being mortally petrified and the goon of a scarecrow (bear in mind that this was the same movie that contained UNNATURAL flying monkey and a head switching witch) and for YEARS into my childhood I was squirmish about using the back toilet at night, because I've always imagined the scarecrow's head peeking around the corner and beckoning me to come closer to the toilet ( then again that WAS the same age when loud toilet sounds startled me).

So for the same reasons after watching the movie, I had a nightmare involved sewn up corpses. One of the worst i might add. I shan't go into details, but imagine waking up to a camp full of sewn up people that you know that try to smile at you through stitched up mouths. The rest is alot of running and sword play (bleach influences I expect). Very disturbing... I really hated the running...

And I'm not too keen on going to workshop late a night too. Previously I didn't mind working late in the office; I like the quiet. But now I can't help but imagine figure with an assortment of attached bits ambling towards me with a smile and blank yellow tinted eyes. Pity too, I used to get alot of work done when i worked late; no one asking me about or to do something.

Now I've found a way around this, no isn't not by reciting scripture under my breath ( something you'll notice Hollywood swears by. Eventhough the supporting actor that normally does that, gets killed in a fairly gruesome and unsatisfactory manner). It's keep my thoughts focused on (brace yourselves for this) preparing supper.

That's right cooking a nice supper here is a nightmare (not the same kind as mentioned above but just as unsettling). Long gone were the days when a simple cup noodle would suffice. I've taken to preparing maggi noodles with an assortment of sauces; marina, bolognese, carbonara. Tomato salsa dips for crackers etc... No mean feat considering that the only thing I have here is hot water at 88 degrees.

But yes what i'm trying to get at is that it's so complicated a task I can take my mind off things.

And that's my solution.

I said this would be a short post so here's Jonathan's Gem for today:

" The scripture isn't kidding when it calls us to screen what goes into our brain. Sometimes it isn't a question of faith but just spiritual astuteness not to expose yourself to areas that you know you're weak in. "

That is all
Jon.P

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?