<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 09, 2006

Okay so I went to Kao Hsiung, to have a most excellent buffet dinner. I can't remember the name of the place (Mostly because I was too full to think) but I know I loved the food there. Here's just a sample list of the things that I ate there. You will be disgusted to note that everything there is free flow.

1.Tempura Prawns

2. Fried Squid balls (with real squid)

3. Smoked Salmon roses

4. Goose liver

5. Cold crabs

6. Freshly steamed hand made Siew Mai.

7. Welsh onion prawn

8. Fried mushrooms

9. Fried Pigs intestines

10. Xiao long bao

11. Chicken feet

12.Shark's Fin and abalone soup (with real sharks fin and 3 slices of abalone)

13. Seafood tea pot soup

14. Escargot

15. Scallops

16. Basil baked oysters

17. Freshly fried black pepper beef

18. Crayfish paper steam boat

19. bacon and assort skewered meats

20. Tiramisu

21. Mocha Cake

22. Italian dessert

23. Chowamushi

24. Hagen Daz Ice creams

25. Red Wine

26. Fresh trout fried

27. Dumplings of sorts

28 Garlic frog legs

Doesn't that make you just sick? I myself ate till near my limit. Now,how much would you expect to pay for a buffet like that (In SGD of course)?

100?

80?

50?

Nay! $35!

Isn't that amazing? The buffets I've been to in Sg now seem to pale in comparison.

Another thing that sets it apart from Sg (apart from the free flow of alcoholic drinks) is the service. The people here are super polite, and get this, they respond when you say thank you.

Now I don't know about other people from my home land but i have a habit of saying "Thank you, have a nice day" after I've been served, doesn't matter if it's by cashiers, waitresses or even the food court auntie. Wonderful thing about the people here is that they accept it graciously.

Now let me compare that to the typical response i get when I'm polite or thank people for their service in Sg; to look at me as though I've got leprosy or I've just grown a third arm or sprouted a pair of angelic hippos on my back or bananas have started growing out from under my zipper or...

You get the idea. Their expression is typically one of surprise, disgust, suspicion or a candy mix of the above. Which just discourages courteous behavior of any kind AND they complain how they would like to be treated better!?!!?!

Hmm you know what? This post isn't turning out the way I wanted it to or rather I'm not in the mood to discuss food right now (Oh no something must be wrong) rather i'm in more of a nostalgic, sentimental, sappy mood of sorts. So....


Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?